Thursday, August 6, 2020

Thursday's Mercy Minutes...

Divine Mercy Daily

Reflections from the Diary of Saint Maria Faustina Kowalska

Thursday, August 6


Graces of Retreats
You Are Sovereign

During this retreat, I Myself will direct your soul. I want to confirm you in peace and love. And so, the first few days passed by. On the fourth day, doubts began to trouble me: Is not this tranquility of mine false? Then I heard these words, My daughter, imagine that you are the sovereign of all the world and have the power to dispose of all things according to your good pleasure. You have the power to do all the good you want, and suddenly a little child knocks on your door, all trembling and in tears and, trusting in your kindness, asks for a piece of bread lest he die of starvation. What would you do for this child? Answer Me, My daughter. And I said, "Jesus, I would give the child all it asked and a thousand times more" (Diary, 229).


My Prayer Response:
Lord Jesus, thank You for directing our souls in times of retreat and prayer. Since You are sovereign over the whole world

August 6, 2020

"Where there is no obedience there is no virtue, where there is no virtue there is no good, where there is no good there is no love, where there is no love, there is no God, and where there is no God there is no Paradise."
— St. Padre Pio of Pietrelcina



No comments: