Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Wednesday's Mercy Minutes...

Divine Mercy Daily

Reflections from the Diary of Saint Maria Faustina Kowalska

Wednesday, August 5


Graces of Retreats
Bless Our Confessors

And as a proof that it is I who am speaking to you, you will go to confession on the second day of the retreat to the priest who is preaching the retreat; you will go to him as soon as he has finished his conference and will present to him all your doubts concerning Me. I will answer you through his lips, and then your fears will end. During this retreat, observe such strict silence that it will be as though nothing exists around you. You shall speak only to Me and to your confessor; you will ask your superiors only for penances. I felt immense joy that the Lord would show me such kindness and lower Himself so much for my sake (Diary, 169).


My Prayer Response:
Lord Jesus, I ask You to bless our confessors. Bless them with Your wisdom and answers to our doubts and concerns. Bless our retreat masters that they may speak Your word in answer to our needs.

August 5, 2020

"In this life no one can fulfill his longing, nor can any creature satisfy man’s desire. Only God satisfies, he infinitely exceeds all other pleasures. That is why man can rest in nothing but God."
— St. Thomas Aquinas


No comments: