Thursday, September 3, 2020

Thursday's Mercy Minutes...

Divine Mercy Daily



Reflections from the Diary of Saint Maria Faustina Kowalska

Thursday, September 3


Jesus the Teacher
Strength for the Task at Hand

One time during the novitiate, ... I was very upset because I could not manage the pots, which were very large. The most difficult task for me was draining the potatoes, and sometimes I spilt half of them with the water ... . I complained to God about my weakness. Then I heard the following words in my soul, From today on you will do this easily; I shall strengthen you.

That evening, when the time came to drain off the water from the potatoes, I hurried to be the first to do it, trusting in the Lord's words. I took up the pot with ease and poured off the water perfectly. But when I took off the cover to let the potatoes steam off, I saw there in the pot, in the place of the potatoes, whole bunches of red roses, beautiful beyond description ... . [Then] I heard a voice within saying, I change such hard work of yours into bouquets of most beautiful flowers, and their perfume rises up to My throne (Diary, 65).

My Prayer Response:
Lord Jesus, when the work before me is overwhelming thank You for teaching me through St. Faustina that You give me the strength needed for the task.

September 3, 2020

"There are in truth three states of the converted: the beginning, the middle, and the perfection. In the beginning they experience the charms of sweetness; in the middle the contests of temptation; and in the end the fullness of perfection."
— Pope St. Gregory the Great


No comments: