Sunday, April 13, 2014

And once again, it comes to an end...

Hi all,

I assume you know from my title, that I'm referring to the weekend.  So, once again, another one bites the dust.  I do hope your weekend was, at least some of the time, fun and carefree for you.  The weather here was beautiful, but too warm for this time of the year, in my opinion anyways.  Temperatures in the sixties are okay, but not close to eighty degrees.  I understand that by Tuesday, the temperature will be back down where it belongs.  Yeah!

Well, my weekend was spent mostly alone, but I'm not complaining about that.  We were supposed to go away yesterday, for about four hours.  But, I got sick before we left, so my husband went alone.  Then while he was there, he also got sick.  Not sure what was going on with us, but we're both okay today.  Thank goodness for that.

I volunteered to make a Christening gown (out of a First Communion Dress) for a friend of my daughters.  I think it turned out pretty good.  I really don't do much sewing anymore, except hand embroidery, that is.  Oh, I do mending and the such, but that's about all.  Here's a photograph of the finished project.  I hope the little boy's mother likes it.




When I was asked if I could make a gown, I started to crochet the bodice of one, just to see if I could get it to turn out or not, as I didn't have a pattern.  After it was decided to use the First Communion dress, I put it aside.  So, I now decided that I'd finish it and make a matching hat to go with it.  Then I'll see if I can find someone who'd be interested in it.  Here's a picture of it, although it's now finished as of yet.  I'll post another picture when it's completed and with a hat.





I still have about 3 to 4  more inches to add to the bottom of it and crochet the hat.  A believe a baby boy or girl could wear it. 

I offered my booklet, "Congestive Heart Failure:  Changing Lives" up for a free read yesterday and today on Amazon.  So far 51 copies were read.  That pleases me so much.  I'm not making any money when they're offered for free, but if I can help one person have better health or live a better life, that's okay with me.  It will be available for a few more hours yet, so check it out at Amazon.com.

I need to figure out what my next project will be when I complete the christening gown.  I think I need to start another writing project, but haven't decided what just yet.  Soon, I hope!

Well, enjoy the remainder of your weekend and be safe.
Susan


No comments: