Monday, April 7, 2014

Hey, what have you been up to lately?

Hi all,

Well, I do hope everyone had a great weekend.  Mine was fairly quiet, but good.  I tend to enjoy the peaceful and quiet days.  Since I spend a lot of time alone, I'm used to being with my own thoughts.  Of course, when I'm working on a writing project, whether it's a novel or a booklet, I need to have the quiet.  It's hard to write when there's a lot of activity going on around you.

I'm sure most of you had to work today.  For me, it was my normal Monday, doing laundry.  I finished the table runner that I was working on for myself, over the weekend.  It is all done by hand.  I wanted to do something different.  Let me know what you think about it.  Here's a photograph of it.


Now, I'm on to my next project, which will be a Christmas gift.  I already started it today, and it's coming along nicely.  I haven't started on any writing projects as of yet.  I'm just not sure what I want to write next.  Perhaps a fourth novel in my series.  You can check out the first three right here on my blog.  They, plus a dozen more of my books and booklets are available on Amazon.com. 

I've been thinking about going with a publisher, who will publish and also market my next book.  I'm just not sure yet, what way I want to go.  I can't just depend on my family and friends to purchase my books.  I certainly don't want to twist any one's arm to buy one.  I haven't used a publisher who will also market my books in the past, because it's not about making a lot of money.  No, I'm not rich.  I write because I love writing.  God has blessed me with creative talents and I need to use them.  It's my way of giving back for my good fortune. 

I was thinking last evening about perhaps hand creating Christmas ornaments this year.  My husband and I give each of my daughters, son-in-laws and grandsons, a special ornament every year.  We've been doing this for many years now.  I used to hand-make all of them, but haven't created any since 2006.  That was the year I became chronically ill.  Perhaps this will be the year I once again start hand making them.

So, where do your creative abilities lay?  Don't say you don't have any, because I know you do.  Every one of us has creative abilities.  You just need to discover what yours are.  So many people think that if you're creative, you have to write, craft, paint or draw.  That's simply not so. 

Creative abilities include many other activities.  Spring is slowly coming.  How about getting out in your flower gardens.  Pick and choose which flowers you want to plant, what arrangement you'd like to use, what color scheme you'd like to use, on so on.  This is being creative!  Or, how about rearranging a room in your home.  Redecorate by changing out your wall hangings, the paint color on your walls, your curtains, etc.  That too is being creative. 

There are so many ways one can choose to be creative.  Just pick one and dig in.  You may just have creative abilities that you never knew you had.  You won't know until you try.

How's the weather where you are?  We've had quite our share of rain lately.  It rained, off and on, all day today and is to continue into the evening and over night.  Then we may have two days without rain, but rain definitely is in the five day forecast.  Oh well, it is April and you know the saying, "April showers bring May flowers!"  That's why you need to get started on your flower beds.

Well, whatever you choose to do with yourself, make sure you find some time to relax and just stay quiet for awhile.  I hope your week is a good one for each and every one of you.
Susan

No comments: