Monday, April 21, 2014

What's next for you?

Hi all,

I do hope everyone had a wonderful, family filled Easter Sunday.  We did, and the weather was beautiful here.  We all gathered at my youngest daughter's home for Easter supper.  We had way too much food and everything was delicious, to say the least.  It's always nice getting together with family.  I especially enjoyed seeing my grandsons, well they were all there, except one, that is.  Toby you were very missed.  My boys are all becoming grown ups now.  My youngest just turned seventeen on Friday.  Where has the years gone?  I remember so well when they were born.  It seems just like yesterday, but apparently it was at least seventeen years ago, or more.  Boy, oh boy, I must be getting old!

I'm trying to decide what my next writing project should be.  I'm considering rewriting my memoirs and putting it into book form.  When I first wrote it, I only had about five copies printed up to give to my immediate family.  I understand that many writers are now writing their memoirs and publishing them.  I am thinking about publishing them just for electronic reading.  My only concern is that I went through a bad divorce and I'm not sure how my daughters would react to me publishing my life story. 

Actually, I thought I was very kind to their father when I wrote the story of my life several years ago.  I realize that when a person writes their life story, it's written in the first person and all the memories, thoughts and feelings are theirs alone.  I'm sure many people would disagree with a published copy of someones life, if they grew up with them.  Every person has their own opinions, feelings, memories and ideas.  No one can stop you from putting your life history into a book form.  It's entirely up to each individual person. 

I've been busy creating hand embroidered Christmas ornaments for my immediate family, for this Christmas.  I so enjoy doing hand embroidery while I sit and watch television in the evenings.  How about you?  Are you working on anything hand made?  I hope you are, because it's so rewarding when your project comes together and is completed.  It doesn't have to be perfect, just do it the best you can.  As a matter of fact, hand created things will not be perfect!  That's because they're done by hand, not by a machine.  And, don't forget, art is in the eye of the creator.  If you love it, then be proud of it. 

Well, I do believe that perhaps winter is truly over now.  At least, I hope so.  Just nine more days and it will be May 1st.  This year is passing oh so quickly.  Does it feel that way to you, also?  Actually, when you get older, the weeks, months, and years just fly by.  One would think that with so much free time on your hands, that time would drag, but it simply doesn't.  I wander why that is?

We went for a ride on Saturday and it was so nice to see so much green grass, both in the lawns and in the fields, once again.  There wasn't any leaves on any trees as of yet, but their were quite a few that were budding.  That was a nice sight.  Also, it stays light until almost 7:30 pm.  I've always hated it when it was getting dark by 5:30 in the evening.  How about you?

So, what's new in your life?  Have you gotten outside to start cleaning out flower beds or gardens, as of yet?  It's still a bit early yet to do any planting, unless it's spring onions or flower bulbs which you intend to plant in the ground.  I don't have any flowers blooming yet, but my tulips do have buds on them.  They make me smile.

Please make some time to do something creative, that's all your own.  I know you have the ability inside of each of you.  You just have to go for it.  Be safe and take care.
Susan

No comments: