Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Happy Tuesday Everyone!

Hi all,

Well, I've been back from two weeks vacation for three days now, but I can't seem to get back into a routine thus far.  I suppose two weeks of just relaxing and sitting on the terrace just seeing the sand, ocean and God's beautiful sky, has spoiled me!  My husband keeps telling me not to worry about my lack of routine, but I feel that I'm wasting too much time.

October 1 will be here before we know it.  That will mean that Christmas is only a little over two and a half months away.  I really need to get started on my hand-made Christmas greeting cards.  I usually create approximately eighty cards and that many takes a lot of time.  Since I'm ill, I can't work six to eight hours a day.  I can only work on them for maybe one to two hours a day, and that's during the morning hours.  I did go up to my craft room this afternoon for about forty-five minutes this afternoon.  I took some supplies along to the beach with me but I only worked on them one time. 

The first style of Christmas card that I'm creating is called "Iris Folding".  If you have never heard of this style, it's layering small strips of cut papers onto the back side of a cut out shape, such as a Christmas tree.  I worked on one today and it took me approximately thirty five minutes to complete it.  Please keep in mind that this is only the front panel of the card and it doesn't include anything except the object.  It will still take me about thirty to forty minutes to complete just one card.  Obviously, I don't create too many of this style of card because of the amount of time it consumes, but I do enjoy seeing the finished card.  They are simply beautiful, if I have to say so myself.

I ordered some Christmas gift and they arrived this week and actually, I started my handmade gifts way back in January and February.  I can not just wait until the last month to do everything.  I have very little patience and I tire easily, so I need to start very early.  That way, when the beginning of December rolls around, I can just finish up, relax and enjoy the blessed season of Christ's birth.

Now, I know what you're thinking.  Here she is talking about Christmas and we still have another month until Halloween.  Right?  Believe me, I'm not rushing the seasons.  I simply have to plan ahead, mostly because of my chronic illness.  Actually, we don't really do much for Halloween anymore.  Sometimes we do some trick-or-treat handouts, but that's about all.  I don't even decorate for Halloween.  I may put some fall things out, but that's about all.  I just don't have the energy anymore to do all those things.

So, how are you doing?  Are you glad to see the fall season arrive?  It's been quite cold in our home today, but I simply refuse to turn on the heat yet.  We just turned off the central air conditioning.  I understand that it's to get up close to eighty degrees this weekend.  The thermostat hasn't gotten above 65 in here all day.  That's okay, I'll just wear a sweater and I'll sleep good tonight in a cold room.

Maybe things are now back to normal for most of you parents with school age children.  I do remember how hectic summers could be, but now they're all back in school once again.   It's hard for me to realize that my grandsons are almost all grown up.  I only have two of them still in high school.  One is a senior and the other a junior this year.  Their ages are:  23, 22, 20, 20, 18 and 17 years old.  How well I remember when they were just little boys and they so enjoyed having me read story books to them and help them with crafts.  I truly miss those times, but I realize that this is God's plan for all of us.  I love my Grandsons so very much and I'm so proud of the strong young men they have become. 

Here's some more beautiful and peaceful pictures.





Well, tomorrow is "hump day".  So. be happy about that!  You'll soon be on the down side of the week and that's a great thing to keep in mind.  So, for now, stay safe and God bless each and every one of you.

Susan

No comments: