Monday, September 29, 2014

In three months....

Hi all,

Does anyone know what I am referring to in my title?  In case you don't, I'll tell you.  I am letting you all know that three months from now, Christmas will be over.  That, my friends, will make me very sad.  I love the time from Thanksgiving until New Years Day.  It's the time of year when we should all stop and give thanks for every single thing that God has given to us. 

I know a lot of people complain, saying that they are out of work, or that they're ill, or one of many, many other things.  But, my friends, there are so many things in our lives that we should give thanks for.  Most all of us have a roof over our heads, food to eat daily, some type of work to keep bringing the money into our homes, families whom we love and on and on.  Mostly, we have a God who loves us unconditionally, always. 

Since becoming chronically ill, back in 2006,  I have accepted God's Divine Mercy into every second of every day of my life.  I have so many blessings that I couldn't even begin to count them.  For instance, every day for over eight and one half years now, I've woke up every morning; I can still do a few sedentary things to keep myself busy and to help me feel good about myself.  No, my life isn't like it once was, but I am still alive to love and enjoy every member of my family, my extended family and my friends and neighbors.  I now know what is important in my life and what isn't.  All those little things I used to worry about simply don't matter to me at all anymore.  I don't care what people think about what I wear, what I think, or whether my home is spotless or not.  I suppose you could say that I have simplified my life extensively and I'm very happy and content with my life and my chronic illness.  Can you say the same thing? 

If your answer to my last question was "no", then perhaps you need to stop and take some time to re-evaluate your life.  The only guarantee we have in this life is that we will, someday, die.  I, for one, want to die in God's blessed graces.  That way I know I will be with God for all eternity.   What do you want?  Think about it, won't you.

What a nice weekend we just had here in South Central Pennsylvania.  The temperatures got up to about eighty degrees, but the humidity was very low, and there was a nice breeze blowing.  I have to share with you that I loved sitting out on my porch and visiting with friends.  For me, that was a wonderful weekend.  How about you?  What did you do?  Were you able to enjoy your time off from work?  I hope so.

I must say that I do love the fall.  Of course, here in this part of the country, the leaves are mostly still green and hanging heavy upon the trees.  Our grass, fields and forests are still maintaining their lush green hues.  I do like that, but I also think that when the leaves are changing color, it is so beautiful to see.  I think that if we find beauty in each of the four seasons, we will love the change of those seasons.

Well, I hope your week goes well.  Stay well and God bless you all.
Susan




Sometimes pleasure is found in the most simplistic things...














No comments: