Friday, September 5, 2014

Happy Weekend to all of you.

Hi all,

Well the work week for most of you, is now over and the weekend is laying before you.  What's on your schedule for Saturday and Sunday?  I suppose that the community swimming pools are now closed for the season, but I imagine that you can still go to one of the state parks swimming areas.  How about an end of summer picnic and games day?  Or if you mind the heat and humidity, you may just want to stay in doors in the air conditioning, reading a book and relaxing after a hard working week.  It truly doesn't matter what you do over this weekend, but remember to find some time just for yourselves.  We all need time for just ourselves.

I suppose that summer is just about completely over here in Pennsylvania.  I'm ready for some cooler temperatures with a lower humidity, even though we haven't had a very hot and humid summer this year.  Not compared to last year and for that I am thankful.

I have been thinking that I'd like to do another pencil art drawing.  It's been a few years since I've done one so perhaps it's time for another now.  All I have to do is to decide what I want to draw.  I've always felt that if you can create a pencil drawing, using many different shades of black to white, then creating a piece by painting, should be easy.  It takes a lot longer to do a pencil art piece than a painted one, but that doesn't bother me in the least.  Any ideas of what I might draw?

I finished the nine or ten Elf Bags that I was working on, so now it's on to a different type of felt bag.  I think I'm going to do one with a large snowflake on the front.  Maybe I'll include a bell in the center of it.  What do you think?  I truly love watching television and working on my embroidery work.  It relaxes me so much.  Have you ever tried embroidery?  There are many different types of stitches that you can do on a piece, so it doesn't get boring.  Try it sometime, you never know, you just may really enjoy it!

Are you ready for the fall season and then the cold, snow and blustery weather?  I'm ready for the fall season, but not for what follows it.  I'm okay with winter, if I can just stay inside all the time.  I truly hate going out in the cold weather.  At least we can start my car before we go out and get the heat going instead of getting into an ice box.  I also have heated front seats, so that's really nice.

Well, make the most of your weekend.  Have some fun and stay safe.
Susan

No comments: