Thursday, July 30, 2015

What's up for your weekend?

Hi friends,

Well, just one more day of work before the weekend.  I'm sure that fact makes most of you out there very happy.  Since I no longer hold down a job, every day is about the same to me.  I hope it's not as hot and humid over the weekend, but time will tell, now won't it?

I hope to do spend some time proof reading my manuscript.  I'd really like to get that task done.  It's not the easiest thing to do, but it needs to be done, so I'll get to it.  I'd also like to work on my embroidery a few times over the weekend.  I generally work on it a little each day.  The bedspread I'm making for myself is coming along; not as fast as I'd like, but that's okay.  I now have seventeen of the thirty squares permanently attached to the spread.  I'm blanket stitching around all four sides of each square.  I probably won't use it until next summer. The thing I don't like about working on it now, is that it's so large, that I have a hard time doing the needlework.  There's so much cloth to work around and it gets a bit hot laying on my lap.  I'll post a photograph of it after it's complete.

My sister is still visiting and I'm helping her with patterns and some dish towels.  She really caught on fast and she seems to be enjoying the embroidery work.  I'm glad for her, as she lives alone and it will help keep her busy over the long winter months.  I'm so enjoying the time we have to spend together.  I will miss her when she returns back to North Carolina.

How's your creativity flowing?  I do hope that you are creating something for yourself, whether it's painting, drawing, gardening, sewing, cooking, woodworking, etc.  There are just so many things that one can do that classifies as creative.  Just try something, you may just realize you love it.  It certainly helps to make one feel self confident and we all need to feel that way.

Well, whatever you do this weekend, have fun, stay cool and be safe.
Susan

No comments: