Sunday, September 20, 2015

Happy Sunday!

Hi all,

How was your weekend?  Here in PA, USA it's Sunday evening.  So, for us, the weekend is almost over.  Of course, you all know what that means:  Tomorrow is Monday and the start of another work week.  I'm sure that most of you are still working full time jobs, but for me, I became disabled over nine years ago.  No, I may not have to work, but believe me, back then, I would have rather worked than to have become disabled.  So, don't think that us folks who are on disability have it easy.  Being ill is not a fun thing to be.  If I could have had my health back once again, I would have gladly gone back to working a full time job.

I was just listening to the weather report for tomorrow and what a change for then.  We are to have some rain, with a high in the 60's to possibly 70.  Wahoo, no eighties in the next seven day forecast.  That's what I wanted to hear.  We still have our central air conditioner running and I'd truly love to be able to shut it down for the season.  Ten more days and it will be October and I wander what's with the temps. in the 80's!!!!!

We just came back from a very relaxing and peaceful vacation.  We went to OC, MD and stayed in an oceanfront condo on the boardwalk.  Since I am ill and can't go out and walk the boards anymore, this permits us to sit on our deck and still be on the boardwalk.  I love it when there are few folks down there.  It's so peaceful and quiet then.  Just sitting on the deck and seeing God's beautiful beach, ocean and sky, comforts me so very much.  I was perfectly satisfied just sitting out there and snapping photographs of the sky as it changed from hour to hour.  It truly amazes me, all the beauty that's right there before our eyes.  I'm sure that many of the people on the boards don't even look at the sky.  What a shame that is.  I wasn't sad to leave and return home because by Thursday, the bikers starting arriving in OC by leaps and bounds.  They are so noisy and I'm not just speaking about the motorcycles. 

I was glad to get back to my home.  Neither my husband or me really did much of anything today.  He did run to the grocery store to pick up some groceries, but I stayed home.  We were watching "Saddle Up Sunday" on the Inspiration channel most of the day and he told me that he should be doing something instead of just watching TV.  I told him that he's still on vacation so relaxing was okay.  He agreed.

What have you all been up to lately that is creative?  Now that I'm home, I need to get my manuscript to the printer.  I just need to recheck the layout once again and make any necessary changes then off it goes to be printed.  I can't wait to see it as an actual book.  I will then submit it to Amazon for electronic reading as well.  I'm anxious to hear what you all think about this one. 

I'm still working on my hand embroidery work and I soon have to start thinking about some layouts for my hand made Christmas cards.  I will make about eighty of them and I like to use many different designs.  I know that's a lot, but I love creating them.  You should try it some time!

I hope your weekend was an enjoyable one for you and your family.  Stay well and may God bless you always.
Susan

No comments: