Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Happy Tuesday!

Good evening to all,
Well, since today is December 15, that means that we only have ten more days until Christmas Day or nine more days until Christmas Eve.  That means you only have approximately nine days to be ready!  Or perhaps you are like me and are pretty much ready now.

I finished up my baking this morning and I'm glad of that.  I really don't make many actual cookies any more before I just can not stand in the kitchen that long.  But, I did make one patch of chocolate chip, walnut cookies today.  They are my husbands favorite and I also enjoy them.  Usually I make a pan or two of seven or eight layer cookies.  Those are much quicker for me and less tiring.

I will be hosting Christmas Eve for my family, as usual.  I made out my menu last week.  Most of what I will be serving I can't make ahead of time, but that's okay because some of the items will just go into the oven to cook.  I did make a large bowl of homemade applesauce and froze it.  My family has always loved my homemade applesauce, especially the kids.  I'm not planning on serving any cake or pie for dessert because I will have plenty of homemade cookies, homemade chocolate bark and of course, stuffed dates for dessert.

I finished up the last of my wrapping this afternoon, well all except for one gift that I still need to wrap.  I'm still working on my hand embroidery projects but I'm done with any having Christmas designs on them.  I have a few ideas for some embroidery projects for after the holidays.  I don't have a hand embroidered Christmas table runner for my dining room table.  So, I thought I might make myself one of those for the next Christmas season.  I can't tell you how relaxing it is for me when I sit and watch television while doing my embroidery work.


Here's one I did for autumn and one for Easter.  They are hand towels for my kitchen.
I do a lot of redwork, bluework and greenwork, but I also like doing multiple colors, although it's a bit of a pain changing needles all the time.

Well I hope the remainder of your Tuesday goes well for you and your family.  If you need to relax, do something creative and let yourself just get lost in it.  It will relax you...

Stay safe and may God bless each of you.
Susan

No comments: