Sunday, December 27, 2015

Rest! It's so good.

Good evening all,
My Christmas was very nice, to say the least.  It started on Christmas Eve with most of my family in attendance at our home for Christmas Eve dinner and then the gift exchange.  Of course, we ended the evening by singing some very old Christmas songs; like "I'm Gettin' Notting for Christmas," "Jingle Bell Rock" and "I Saw Mommy Kissin' Santa Claus."

I loved every minute of that evening, although I missed two of my Grandsons and three of their girlfriends. But one of them visited us on Saturday with his girlfriend.  No, it's not the same as it was when they were all little, but I try to make each Christmas Eve special.  It's the only holiday I host anymore and it's hard for me, but I just can't give it up yet.  I know I will, one of these years, but not yet, God willing!

I hope you all had a great Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, also.  On Christmas Day, it was just my husband and myself.  It's been like that for quite a few years now and I've grown to enjoy the peace and quiet.  Of course, this year my husband decided he needed to go to the Emergency Ward to see where the pain in his leg was coming from.  They ran some tests and told him they thought he pulled a muscle.  No surprise there!  He's getting up in age, but he thinks he can still do what he did twenty years ago.

I'm ready to get my home back into order now.  But, I suppose I'll wait a few more days before I start putting all my Christmas decorations away.

What are your plans for New Years Eve?  Ours are simply to stay at home.  I'll be in bad wayyyy before the New Year comes in.  I just can't stay up that late anymore, not since I became chronically ill, almost ten years ago, but I'm okay with that.

Well, I think I'm going to close for now because I'm a bit tired.  So, enjoy the rest of the Christmas Holidays and stay safe.  May God bless each of you and your loved ones.
Susan



No comments: