Friday, December 4, 2015

It's coming very fast....

Hi, everyone,
How's your evening going, or perhaps it's morning or afternoon where you are.  I can not believe that tomorrow is already the 5th of December.  Those Christmas holidays are coming very fast.  I'm progressing fairly well, mostly because I have to start early because I have very little energy for each day.

I've been planning on my Christmas Eve menu.  I need to prepare some of it a head of time to make things easier for me.  Being chronically ill does, indeed, change your life style, but I'm not complaining.  Christmas Eve is the only holiday that I host anymore.  I'm just not ready to give that up yet.  It has always been a tradition in my family started many years ago.  I have to say that I'm so happy that most of my immediate family always keeps that tradition.  I know that at some point, I won't be here any more and one of my daughters will have to take over the tradition.  My husband and I will probably have a full house because most of my young adult grandsons now have love interests.  Of course, they are invited to join us as well. This is another tradition which came from my dear Mother.

What are your plans for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day?  I do hope you will be seeing family either one day or the other.  After all, Christmas is about family.  We celebrate Mary and Joseph welcoming their new born baby Jesus into their lives.  We all need to remember this statement:  "Jesus is the reason for the season."

I like to do some fun things with my family on Christmas Eve, such as taking small groups and singing silly songs.  Like the ladies and young women singing the song, "Santa Baby" and the males singing another silly song.  It makes me so happy that they all go along with these silly things.  But, I always do bring Jesus into our celebration, also.

I was just remembering yesterday, how when my six Grandsons were young, I sewed shepherd costumes for five and them and one angel costume.  They'd parade around the half block and get on our porch, where we had a nativity set up.  We'd all then sing some beautiful Christmas carols.  People would put their car windows down and slow up to listen.  Of course, when they started growing up, that came to an end.  But, I hope those memories will always stay with them, just like they have stayed with me.

Well, tomorrow is Saturday and I'm sure that most of you will be running around doing errands.  As for me, I am going to start addressing my Christmas cards.  I am sure I will not get all of them completed tomorrow, but at least I'll get a start on them.   Whatever you do, stay safe and may God be at your side.
Give thanks always, because everything we have comes from God.
Susan

No comments: