Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Is it winter or spring???

Hi all,

The weatherman says that it's to be up to 60 degrees on Saturday and Sunday, with tomorrow and Friday being in the upper 50's.  I'm not complaining, but I do hope it gets a bit colder before Christmas.  It just wouldn't seem like Christmas with warm temperatures!  My husband's happy because he's going golfing tomorrow with his boss.  So, he's a happy camper...

Well, only fifteen more days until Christmas Eve.  My girls and their families all come to our home to celebrate Christmas Eve.  It's been a family tradition for many years now.  When my Mom and Dad were living, we all gathered at their home on Christmas Eve.  I love carrying out old traditions but I know that each generation has their own traditions.  But, I do hope that my three daughters will continue with some of the old traditions which I still carry out from my Mom.

One of them is that she always prepared stuffed dates for Christmas Eve supper.  She stuffed them with peanut butter and then coated them with sugar.  I have been doing that ever since she died, nineteen years ago.  It may be something small, but my girls all expect those stuffed dates on the dinner table.  Another tradition is that my Mom always made the most delicious fruit cake for Christmas dessert.

I usually don't like fruit cake, but when I use my Mom's recipe, it's so good.  Everyone in my family loves it and it's the only fruit cake they will eat, also.  I plan on making a batch for this Christmas, as well.  I put the batter into cup cake holders.  That way I can put them into a large zip-lock baggie and put them into the freezer.  Then I just take out a few as I need them.

How about you?  What traditions does your family have for Christmas Eve or Christmas Day?  I'm sure what ever traditions you have, they're appreciated by your family.

I'm still working on my hand embroidery work.  I just started an embroidered pillow front as a Christmas gift for my sister.  I hope she will like it.  Shhhhh, don't tell her....

Are you ready for Christmas yet?  I  am, except for a few last minute details.  Today I made up my Christmas Eve dinner menu.  You guessed it!  I'm a list person for sure.  I like to have all my ducks in a row when I plan anything, that way everything goes well for me.  How about you?

I hope you're still trying to put some creativity into your life.  I do everyday because it's important to me.

Have a great day tomorrow and be safe always.  God bless each of you and your families.
Susan

No comments: