Friday, April 29, 2016

"Is it I?"

Good afternoon everyone,

I do hope you all are well and safe.  I am okay and that's a blessing from God, and I'm so thankful for the gift of life He gives me everyday.

If you're wondering what my title refers to today, it applies to a Christian hymn that I sing often.  It's entitled, "Here I am Lord."  In that hymn, the words are:  "Here I am, Lord.  Is it I, Lord.  I have heard you calling in the night.  I will go, Lord, if you lead me.  I will hold your people in my hands."  These words mean so much to me.  Have you ever just sat down and listened to the words of this hymn?  If you haven't, please do. 

I have placed myself into God's hands.  He guides me to do whatever small things I am capable of doing, for other people.  I wish I could go out and administer the gift of God's love to all those who suffer from illness or loneliness, but health wise, I simply can not.  I ask God to guide and lead me to do whatever I can, however small that may be.  Even a smile can brighten up another persons day. 

Each week, as I visit with my friend, who's in a nursing home, I try to smile and say "hello' to all the patients I pass as I walk down the hall to her room.  Some smile back and others will answer "hello" back to me.  It's such a simple little thing to do, yet we have no idea what it means to another person.

There are many older folks who live alone, or just a husband and wife.  If one of the couple is ill, it changes the dynamics for both of them.  Feeling you are alone, soon turns into depression and despair.  From there, it only gets worse.  Loneliness and despair are so hard to overcome.  And, it's not just older folks who suffer from this malady, it happens to people of all ages. 

We can help them, if we truly care about other people.  If you love God, then the best thing you can do to love Him, is to help spread His mercy everywhere, from one person to another.  You don't always have to go to that person to spread Jesus' Mercy.  You can do that through prayer also. Jesus promised each and every one of us His Divine Mercy, if we sing or pray the Divine Mercy Chaplet during the three o'clock hour, each day.  It can also be done at another time of the day. 

There's no excuse that's acceptable from anyone.  There isn't anyone who can't spare ten minutes to say the Chaplet or twenty minutes to sing it.  It's so beautiful and so sad at the same time.  Jesus promised that the person who prays His Divine Mercy Chaplet each day, will go directly into heaven upon their death bed.  I want that, how about you?  The thought of where else we may go is frightening to me and I hope it is to you, also. 

We are all sinners, with no exceptions.  We try hard to be good people, but then we find ourselves judging someone else, lying about something, or some other some thing that we know isn't right.  We say to ourselves, "Well, it's the truth!" or "Well, it was just a little lie!" or "I didn't mean any harm."  These things come from the devil.  He loves it when we do things like this.  God does not! 

I want to please the Lord every second of my life, however long or short that may be.  How about you?  Just a few things to think about on this Friday afternoon.  It's now almost three o'clock and I'm going to sing the chaplet.  Have a great day.
Susan

No comments: