Friday, June 3, 2016

It's the start of another weekend...

Hi friends,
This evening is the start of another weekend.  What will you be doing?  I'm sure that many of you already have plans for parts of the weekend, but I do hope that you will take an hour or so, to think about some questions I have for you.

1.  Do you give thanks to God for all the blessings you do have? 
       I'm sure there will be some who think, what blessings do I have?   And to you I say, "Shame on you because we all have many blessings.  You are still alive, you apparently have some money to live otherwise you wouldn't have money to purchase an electronic gadget to be reading this post, in the first place.  I count my blessings daily:  I have a roof over my head, sufficient food to eat, clothes to wear, enough cash to pay the bills and a loving family.

2.  Do you constantly want more?
       Do you find yourself always being jealous of what others have, whether it's money or things?  If so, you will never find true happiness.  True happiness comes from inside yourself, not from exterior things.  Perhaps you need to examine your wants and needs to get them into perspective.

3.  Do you take time out of every day to be quiet and listen to God's words?
        He does speak to us:  sometimes in slight whispers and at times He will just give you the answer to a problem, by allowing it to pop into your head, when you least expect it.  I hear some folks saying, "I ask God, over and over, to help me but He never lets me know what to do."  Well, if you aren't quiet after praying, how would you ever hear His whispers?

4.  Do you really want the USA to build walls around our borders?
        If so, are you going to stand there and watch hundreds of adults and children suffer and die?  Or perhaps you only care about yourself and no-one else.  How would you feel if that were one of your children or grandchildren?  What is the answer to that problem?  I truly don't know, but letting people suffer and die is not the answer.  We build the US up as the land of the free and a prosperous place to live and raise our families, etc.  I've never heard that we allow people to suffer and die rather than give them refuge.

As I'm sure you can tell, I am thankful for every blessing that God has bestowed upon me.  I am so thankful for every thing in my life, including my illnesses and my sedentary lifestyle.  Why?  Because I am just thankful that I'm still alive to see each day as it comes.  I will tell you that God is a very important part of every day in my life.  He is the beginning and end of each day I live. 

Ten years ago, I was very close to death, and I asked God to let me live long enough to see all six of my Grandsons graduate from high school.  Well, this evening the youngest one, who's 19, will be graduating.  I am so proud of my Grandsons and my entire family.  So, I thank God for allowing me the gift of life these past ten years.  If it is His wish to take me now, then I will accept His wishes.  If not, I will continue giving thanks to Him and doing my best to "give back" for all my many, many blessings.  How about you?

Just a few things to think about when you have a few minutes to yourself.  None of us know when we will breath our last breath.  I'm ready, are you?

Have a wonderful weekend and may God continue blessing you, always.
Susan

No comments: