Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Makes you stop and think!

Hi all,

I recently read a statement that was written by a gentleman who is a writer, but I never heard of him before, so I don't know if he writes novels or is a reporter.  Anyways, it made me think of things, that I've been realizing for a long time now. 

Over ten and one half years ago, when I became chronically ill with heart failure, many things in my life changed.  One of the big changes in my life, that others didn't understand, was that I stopped worrying about everyday happenings. 

As human beings, we grow up learning to worry about everything:  will I succeed in life, will I get married, will I have a good job, is my house good enough, will my kids grow up to be good adults, will my friends like me, will they approve of my clothing, will they approve of my choices in life, is my house clean enough, am I dressed properly for my friends, what do other people think of me, and on and on, actually endlessly.

Well, I was like that also, that is until after I got out of the hospital, long ago.  Everything that was normal in my life, now wasn't.  It didn't take me long to realize that all those things I worried about endlessly, just didn't matter one bit.  No one truly gives a darn about how you feel about a certain thing, or how clean your  house is, or what type of car you drive, etc.  And, if they do, they ARE NOT YOUR FRIENDS.  THEY DO NOT TRULY CARE ABOUT YOU!

On the day you die, you will go before God.  He is the one who will judge you, no one else.  What will God judge you on?  I believe He will look into what kind of a life you lived.  Were you a kind person?  Did you love everyone?  Was there hate and prejudice in your life?  Did you judge those who were different than you:  in color, religion, race?  Were you quick to bully another person because they were different than you?  Did you cheat at anything?  Were you responsible for starting riots? Did you go to church and worship God?  Did you raise your children to be good adults and to love and respect EVERYONE, NO MATTER WHAT?  Did you always put God first and yourself second?  Did you ask Him for His mercy and forgiveness?  And many more things you will be judged on by God.

After death, you will not care about all those things that you thought were important for many years.  Perhaps we need to spend more time thinking about the things that will be important to God, after we die and stop obsessing with the things of this world. 

That's what happened to me back then.  Most people who love me don't understand why I just don't care what someone else thinks of me, my home, my writing, my clothes, any of the unimportant things that occur in our lives, everyday.

I suppose that the older one becomes, especially if you are ill, we start to realize that life is getting very short, for us that is.  I try to listen to God's whisperings each day, to hear what He wants me to do in the time I have left on this earth.  My life is in His hands.  Only He will determine how much longer I will be on this earth. 

Now is the time to make important changes in your lives.  No, you can't neglect your responsibilities, but you have to start thinking about what will happen upon your death.  When you go before God, what will He say about you?

As for me, I hope and pray that He will welcome me into His heavenly home.  I have been preparing myself for that journey, whether it's tomorrow or infive years from now.  Don't wait until it's too late.

Have a wonderful evening and enjoy your family.  May God watch over each of you.
Susan 

No comments: