Thursday, December 8, 2016

Brrrrrrr!

Hi everyone,
I don't know what the weather is where you live, but here in South Central Pennsylvania, it's getting quite cold with a lot of strong winds.  It's to go down into the low 20's tonight and not be much warmer than that tomorrow.  Actually, it's to be cold and windy for the next seven days. 

I know it's December, but I don't really like the cold weather, especially when it's windy, also.  I can handle temps. in the upper thirties or low forties, but I'm not liking this low twenties stuff.  Of course, I will be pretty much staying indoors and only going out if I absolutely have to! 

Tomorrow is the 9th of December already.  Christmas Day is just a little over two weeks away now.  I've been hosting Christmas Eve ever since my Parents have passed away.  You see, when they were living, we (me, my husband, children and grandchildren, and my siblings and their families) all went to Mom and Dad's for Christmas Eve.  So, I suppose I've been hosting this celebration for almost twenty years now.  What do you do on Christmas Eve?  I hope you spend it with family and/or friends.

I've made my menu and I already purchased most of the meal items I will be needing.  Earlier this week I made chocolate covered pretzel rods and added candy sprinkles on top.  Today I made a large pan of 7 layer bar cookies.  I plan on baking a double batch of chocolate chip, walnut cookies tomorrow.  These are my husbands favorite.  I also have already made two batches of chocolate bark.  One is peanut bark and the other is raisin and date bark.  I like to share my home made goodies with my family on Christmas Eve.  I'm sure that many of you also do patches of home made cookies and candies.  My Mom always had plenty of home made treats for us to enjoy. 

The Christmas Season is and always has been, my favorite time of year.  People just seem kinder and friendlier during this season than any other time of the year.  It's too bad that folks can't be kind all year long. 

I do hope that your Christmas Season is a blessed one.  Enjoy yourself throughout this time and be safe.
Susan


                                  This is one of my small, lighted trees.

No comments: