Thursday, December 15, 2016

Happy Thursday!

Hi everyone,

Man oh man, is it cold and blustery out there.  This morning, when I was on out sun porch using my washer and dryer, I could hear the wind blowing outside.  It was actually howling!  I was going to go to the grocery store this morning, but I asked my husband if he'd go without me.  I just couldn't bear the thought of going out in this weather.  Ever since I became chronically ill, going on eleven years ago, I can't handle the extreme cold or heat and humidity.  The doctor keeps my blood pressure pretty low and because of this, I need to stay indoors in the winter and also during the heat and humidity of the summer months.  I was so thankful to my husband for going without me.

Even though I've been indoors all day, every time I get up from where I'm sitting, I get cold once again.  The weatherman says that this wind should calm down sometime over night.  I am so thankful for that! 

I'm about as ready for Christmas as I can be ten days before hand.  I've made my lists reminding me which days to do what.  Yes, I am a list person.  I always have been and always will be!  I suppose that's because I worked in finances most of my adult life.  I still need to do things by hand, you know, like writing a check to pay my bills and not doing it electronically, like so many younger folks do.  I suppose they'd say that I'm just 'old fashioned' and that's okay with me. 

This winter I hand crocheted about 60-65 scarves for two local nursing homes.  Now, it's been on my mind as to what I can do to keep myself busy and to give back for the many blessings God has bestowed upon me during my entire life.  I was talking with God the other day, asking for some suggestions and then soon after that I saw a commercial for St. Jude's Children's hospital. 

This reminded me that young children like to have a blanket for security.  So, that made me think that perhaps God was directing me to think seriously about crocheting small blankets for the children who are hospitalized.  After all, my blankets in bed at night, still make me fell secure.  I like to pull them up around my neck and close to me.  I suppose that is a security feeling that never leaves many of us. 

I need to do so research to see if any of the local hospitals, children's wards, would accept an offer.  I'd love to send blankets to St. Jude's, or perhaps the Hershey Children's Hospital, which would be much closer to me.  So, I thank God for putting this idea into my head.  You do know that He listens to us when we speak with Him.  It's just the normally, He doesn't speak directly to us, but rather He puts an idea into our heads.  It's then up to us to follow through on the idea.

Whenever I do anything by hand, (crocheting, hand embroidery, hand made greeting cards, etc.) I feel very relaxed and comforted.  So, that's why I have a need to continue doing this things for other people, especially children and the elderly.  Perhaps you could try doing this sometime and see how it makes you feel! 

God is the most important person in my life, for without Him, I would have no life, literally!  I am in a very good place in my life, mostly because God is with me always.  His Mercy is so very important to me and for my immediate and extended families, friends and everyone throughout the world, especially those who suffer from any illness.

Have you ever wandered what you can do to help another person?  If not, perhaps you should make a new year's resolution to try, each month, to do something, no matter how small, for someone else.  Trust me, it's not just them who benefits, but you also.  Remember, we never know what is ahead of us. 

I hope you make some time to enjoy yourself during this Christmas Season.  Experiencing the joy of the season is so important.  Just relax and let go for a few minutes each day.  Be safe always and may God bless you and your families.
Susan

Remember that God is present in every single day...


No comments: