Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Does anyone remember the song, Wildwood Days?

Hi all,

This song came out in 1963 by Bobby Rydell.   Did you  know that he recorded four singles with chubby Checker?  I'm watching and listening to the Solid Gold Oldies Station on television.  I love the ole music and entertainment (TV programs) from the 50's and 60's.  How about "Chapel of Love" by The Dixie Cups from 1964: 

This music takes me back to a time in my life when I had no big concerns or worries.  I hadn't experienced "real" life as of yet.  I so wish I could jump up and dance to this music once again, but I am not able to do that anymore, and I'm okay with that.  I'm just thankful that I'm still alive to listen to those songs from my preteen and teen years.  Of course, I never really stopped listening to this music even after I was married and had three daughters. 

My daughters grew up hearing this music.  Well, that is until they became early teens themselves, and then it was me who listened to their music more than them listening to mine.  Which was okay.  I liked some of the groups from the eighties, also.  I suppose every era has it's own type of music, but I still prefer the music that I grew up hearing, as a teenager.

Well, today's Hump Day.  So all you folks working Monday through Friday jobs, you're now on the downside of your work week.  Hooray!  I suppose we'll do some grocery shopping tomorrow.  I am anxious to have the time to work in my craft room.  I did some cleaning up over the past week or so and my husband picked up some new storage units today, for me.  I didn't have much shelf space in my craft room because my shelves were all flowing over with hard bound novels.  But, I've been donating most of them to a local Senior Center.  (They are having a book sale to raise some money for the center.) 

I have so many stamps, for card making, that they're stuck into plastic drawers on top of each other.  Now I will be able to completely separate the wooden stamps from the plastic ones and also the holiday stamps.  I so enjoy creating hand made greeting cards.  I'm already about 80% finished with them, for the year.  Well, except my Christmas cards, which I don't make until around the first of November. 

Well, I hope you all are finding some ways to be creative.  It's a good feeling to do something, handmade, for someone else.  Try it!  You'll see what I mean!

I hope the remainder of your week goes well and may God bless each of you.
Susan

No comments: