Saturday, January 7, 2017

Enjoy your weekend!

Hi everyone,
We're now about half way through the weekend now.  I hope that your day is going well and that tomorrow will go well, also.  As for me, I haven't left my home today.  I truly can't stand being out in this cold weather.  So, I will just stay inside and amuse myself. 

I have started on my handmade Christmas ornaments for Dec. 2017.  I enjoy giving things to my family that I've made by hand.  My hope is that after I've left this world, they will remember me every time they hang those ornaments on their Christmas trees.  I'm still using some of my Mom and Dad's old ornaments from the early 1950's.  Since both of my parents passed away a long time ago, it helps me to feel that they're here with us to celebrate Christmas each year.  Maybe I'm just a sentimental fool, but I'm not going to change. 

Are you a person who loves tradition?  Well, I am.  Oh, I know that many things change as the years go by.  Young children grow up into young adults with significant others in their lives.  I realize that it's a "give and take" when you are in a relationship.  Sometimes I miss when my Grandsons were just little boys.  I am happy for them now, but I miss those times, especially during the holidays.  Oh well, life goes on...

Can you believe that tomorrow is January 8th already?  Time goes by so quickly, especially as one gets older.  Why is that?  Any idea?  I truly can't figure that out.

Whatever you have planned for tomorrow, I hope you  will remember that it's the Lord's Day.  Please make sure that you spend some time with God, giving Him praise and thanksgiving for all the many blessings He's given to you and your family.  We've all had our share of heartache and pain, but we've also had many, many blessings shared with us. 

May your Sunday be a blessed one.  Be safe and stay healthy.
Susan

No comments: