Thursday, January 12, 2017

Is this January?

Hi everyone,

Well, I can't believe that South Central Pennsylvania broke our record for warmth today.  We hit 65 degrees here today.  Now, tomorrow it's only to be in the forties and by Saturday, it's to snow here.  Oh well, there's nothing we can do about the weather.  At least it was nice out, when we went to the grocery store today.

I've been working on my handmade greeting cards this week and last week.  I have a good start on them.  I create ones for all my family's birthdays, valentines day, Easter, Halloween, Thanksgiving Day, Mother's Day and Father's Day.  I also create sympathy cards, thinking of you cards, get well cards and cheering up cards.  I love doing anything creative. 

The problem is that I don't have much strength or energy anymore.  I can work in my craft room for an hour and a half, or a little more, during the morning hours; but in the afternoon I can only last about 30 to 40 minutes.  Then my back hurts me.  So, most times my afternoons and evenings are spent on the sofa with my feet up and a pillow behind my back.  That's when I do my crocheting and hand embroidery work.

I am so thankful that I have the energy to do what I am able.  God has truly blessed me.  Although I am sick, He has provided me with the energy and talent to create things for others.  I am thankful for all His mercy and compassion.  How about you?  Are you thankful for all the many blessings God has bestowed upon you?  Remember that there are many, many folks who are far worse off than we are.  True contentment is accomplished when we practice Gratitude and Acceptance every day of our lives.

The weekend is soon upon us, so have some fun and enjoy family time.  Be safe and may God bless each of you.
Susan

God's given us such beauty.  It's ashamed we don't take the time each day to witness it.


No comments: