Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Has the excitement ended?

Hi folks,

I'm sure that by now, most of you have settled back into your routines once again.  I know I have.  Actually, it kind of feels good to get back into my normal routine once again.  You see, I am a regimented person.  I always have been.  I suppose I got that trait from my Mom.  I actually like to have a routine.  It helps me to accomplish whatever I need to get done.  I'm also a "list" person.  To say the lease, "I don't fly by the seat of my pants."  I never have.

I enjoyed all the Christmas and New Year activities, but now it's time to return to normal.  We put all our Christmas decorations away last week.  Next, I need to start some cleaning.  There's always a lot of glitter and stuff on the floor from the decorations.  Maybe I'll start some of my cleaning tomorrow.  We'll see.

I've already started on my hand made greeting cards for the new year.  I made my Grandsons birthday cards and have started my Valentine's cards.  Of course, I'd much rather work on these then do my cleaning.  Who wouldn't?  Well, I guess if you're not creative, you'd rather clean, but not me.

I visited my friend, who's in a nearby nursing home this morning.  She wasn't in a very good mood today.  I'm not sure what was wrong, but she seemed irritated and tired.  I stayed for a little over an hour.  I hope she's feeling some better next week.  I suppose we all have our negative or grouchy days.  I certainly do.

The last few days the weather has been ugly.  It's been raining and damp out there.  Although the temps have been in the mid forties.  I see that after tomorrow, it's going to be quite cold here, perhaps not even above freezing.  I'm not looking forward to that type of weather.  I can tell you right now, that I will be staying indoors on those days.

I hope the first few days of the new year have been going well for you.  I pray for peace in our country, as well as, through out the world.  Be safe and God bless you all.
Susan

No comments: