Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Happy Wednesday!

Good afternoon to everyone,

First of all, let me say, "Happy Hump Day" to all of you who work Monday through Friday.  You'll soon be on the down side of your work week.  If you don't work anymore, then just celebrate the middle of the current week.

The day started out pretty nice here in South Central Pennsylvania, but the sun has disappeared and it's gotten quite cloudy.  Also the wind has picked up some.  Oh well, at least it's not snowing or raining.  That would definitely be worse, at least in my opinion.

I hope your week has been going good.  Mine is okay.  So far this week, I've managed to do a couple loads of laundry, clean our downstairs and this morning, I visited my friend, who's in a nearby nursing home.  I've also been working on my newest project.  I am hand making security blankets for little children who are in hospitals, fighting some disease.  Since they can not be crocheted, because of the medical equipment getting tangled in the holes, I am using fleece. 

I'm hand embroidering a small rendition of a teddy bear, dog, or some other animal onto the fronts of them, in the center.  I won't be handing them out until early December.  I've decided to attach a small tag to the blanket, giving the child the animals name and asking them to be his/her friend.  My heart goes out to each and every child who's afflicted with cancer or any other disease.  I'm looking for anyone who would be interested in helping me, by making some blankets themselves.  If interested, let me know.  You can hand them out in the area in which you live.

Here's a photograph of one of them.

I hope things are going well for each of you.  Remember to give thanks to God for all your blessings, because He has blessed us abundantly!  Have a great day and may God continue to bless you.
Susan

No comments: