Thursday, February 2, 2017

Tomorrow is Friday! Happy or not?

Hi folks,

I am quite sure for the majority of you would answer the title question, Happy!  As far as I'm concerned, it really doesn't matter what day of the week it is, at least most of the time.  My life is pretty much the same on most days.  Of course, there are certain days that I do laundry, or clean, and on Sundays, I attend Mass and I don't really do any work on a Sunday.  God said it was His day to rest, so I try not to do any work that day, also.  How about you? 

The weather this winter sure has been up and down.  We seem to have a few days with temperatures in the 30's and then a few days with the temperatures up in the forties.  Don't misunderstand me, I'm not complaining, not at all.  I enjoy the days when the temp is warmer, but since I'm usually indoors, it doesn't really matter that much.  My home is warm and I'm very comfortable being there.  How's the weather been where you live?

As I'm sure I've mentioned before, I am in the process of making hand-made things for Christmas 2017.  I already have an ornament made for everybody in my immediate family, as well as their significant other.  And, I'm almost finished with the felt bags to hold each of them.  The bags are taking me longer to make than the ornaments did, but I don't mind.  It keeps me busy. 

When these are finished, I think I'll take a break from Christmas things, and make a few blankets for children who are hospitalized.  I'm going to use fleece, which I plan to hand embroider either a teddy bear or a dog onto the front of it.  Then I'm going to blanket stitch around the outside of each blanket.  They won't be real big, as they are to be used as a ?cuddle blanket" to make them feel safe.  Come on, you must remember having a "blankey" when you were a child.  Most of us did.

Do you all have plans for the weekend?  If so, I hope you enjoy yourself, that is unless you'll be working.  If not, just enjoy your time off from work, catch up on some television programs, do some shopping, or just kick back and rest.  Enjoy yourself and your family.  Whatever you do, be safe and may God always be with you.
Susan
              Here's a little piece of the beauty God has given to us.


No comments: