Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Hi friends!

Good evening to everyone,

I hope you all had a good extended weekend.  Well it was a long weekend to anyone who works for the government, bank, etc. but for the rest of you, it was just a normal Monday.  For me, it was pretty much a normal weekend here, which I'm fine with. 

I am a person of habit, but mostly because I have to live a sedentary life style now.  I'm okay with that fact, after almost eleven years, I should be!  My 2017 "Giving Back" project is moving along very nicely.  I now have thirteen blankets completed for young children.  I have to tell you that I am enjoying this project very much.  I just hope that the kids enjoy them. 

What have you all been up to lately?  I do hope you have found some time to give back to God for all the many blessings He's bestowed upon each of you.  If you woke up this morning, then you have been blessed.  We all have so many blessings from Our Lord, but we choose not to recognize them.  If you have enough to eat, clothes to wear, a job to go to, and someone to love you, then you are indeed very blessed.

I've been thinking a lot about death.   Not in a weird way, but just in regards to the age of someone when they pass away.  We all have to remember that when God created human beings, His plan was for them to be born, live as children, teens, young adults and then to become a senior citizen.  His plan was not for us to live forever.  I feel that if you live to be in your seventies or eighties, you've lived a long life. 

Some deaths do disturb me.  Those deaths would be that of a little child. a teenager, a young adult, or a middle aged adult.  Out of all of these, children who die make me feel very sad.  They've just barely lived their lives.  When I think of the many years I've had on this earth, the death of a child breaks my heart.  So, I give thanks for every day that I have with my husband and family.  Maybe you never take the time to think about these things, but perhaps you should.  Maybe that would help you to realize just how very much you have been blessed by God every day.

Well enough talk about death.  What have you all been up to lately?  If you live in the Eastern part of the US, you already know that this winter has been a bit weird.  One week it's a typical winter, but without much snow, and the next week we have spring time weather.  I'm not complaining though.  I'm happy that we haven't had much snow this year, at least as of yet.  How has the weather been in your part of the world?  I know some countries have had very damaging weather and for that, I'm truly sorry. 

Well, tomorrow is Hump Day, so relax because by this time tomorrow evening, you'll be on the down side of this week.  Have a great day tomorrow and be safe always.
Susan

No comments: