Monday, February 6, 2017

Hi friends,

Today is Monday and the start of the work week for many of you.  I hope your day went well, but if it didn't, tomorrow will be better.  Monday's are always hard days.  I also hope you all had a great weekend, whether you were extremely busy or just chillin' out all weekend.

My weekend was fairly quiet, but then most of my weekends usually are quiet.  Which is the way I like them to be, especially during the winter months.  I hate going outside when it's cold out.  How about you?  Perhaps you don't mind the cold or hot weather.

I went to Mass yesterday, which I enjoyed very much.  Since I can not go to Mass at my parish church anymore, I attend the Mass that  Heart of the Nation broadcast either on television or online.  I use the online method by utilizing my laptop.  One of my favorite priests celebrated yesterday's Mass.  They mail me a booklet which contains all the readings for each Sunday, for about six weeks.  Then they mail me a new one.  I love the fact that I can follow along by having the readings right in my hands.  The only think I miss is not having the words to the hymns also.  Sometimes I know the tunes but not the words.  Of course I send them my offering because I very much appreciate that now I can, once again, attend Mass every Sunday.  If you are interested, their web address is:  www.heartofthenation.org.  Check it out.

My current creative project is for young children, who are hospitalized or who are orphans.  I am making security blankets.  You know, when children are little, they like to have a small blanket to take to bed with them to make them feel secure, or sometimes they carry it around with them.  They will be made out of fleece fabric and have a teddy bear, dog or some other character in the center of them.  I'll post a photo of one when it's finished.  This will be soon.  I'm anxious to see the first finished product.  I hope the little ones will love them.

My mission in life is this:  although I may be chronically ill and live a very sedentary life style, I am still alive and that's all because of God.  I have a need to give back for all my many blessings and for my loving family.  My "giving back" method, may not be anything elaborate, but it is from my heart.  How about you?  How do you give thanks to God for all your blessings? 

I hope you all have a wonderful week.  Love with all your heart and give thanks to God always.
Susan



No comments: