Thursday, July 13, 2017

What makes you happy?

Hi everyone,

I've shared with all of you that I was making security blankets for young children who are in hospitals.  I had a total of seventy done.  So my husband took 26 of them up to the Hershey Children's Hospital and then today he took 24 to the York Hospital Children's Ward.  After he dropped them off, I had a phone call from the lady in charge. 

She was so excited.  She told me that she thinks the kids will love them so much.  She thinks they're adorable.  She also asked me how long it takes to make one.  (approx. 4 to 5 hours).  She said that she can't wait for her and the nurses to hand them out to the young ones.  She kept thanking me for making them.  I told her that it was my pleasure.  I just wanted to do something to make a small child's life easier while in the hospital. 

I still have about 20 of them left, and I plan on making more of them.  I need to stay busy and I love doing things for someone else, especially for frightened children.  Here's one of my favorites, but then they all seem to be my favorite.



Well, this is going to be short tonight.  I hope your week is going well and that the weekend will have some fun for you and your family.  Personally, I'll be so happy when this intense heat and humidity comes to an end.  I feel like I will be stuck indoors for ever.  Oh, well, this too shall pass.
Be safe always and take care of your family.
Susan

No comments: