Monday, July 17, 2017

Wow, did it pour!

Hi folks,

We had some big storms come through here this afternoon.  They left a lot of flooding and trees and limbs down as they left us.  I understand we may be in for some more as the evening continues.  We were lucky.  We had no damage to our property and our electric stayed on through it all, which was a good thing for me.  I need to have our air on in hot and humid weather.  We did have some flooding close to our home, at the intersection.  I'm very thankful that it wasn't worse than what it was.  Did the storms affect you or your homes?

I'm still working on my new manuscript.  I've been working on it every day, for at least 1 1/2 to 2 hours every day.  I think I'm on a page somewhere in the 60's.  In case I haven't told you, the title will be:  Life, Love and Lies.  Almost the entire story takes place within the confines of a circus.  Of course, like most circuses, they move across the country.  I'm excited to keep working on it.  I have the entire story line all figured out and pretty much how it will end.  I'm still doing some research as the circus moves from one state to another.    I can't tell you how much I love and enjoy writing.  I'm so glad that I didn't let me age stop me from taking writing courses from the Children's Institute of Literature, when I was in my early forties.  And, that I continued taking on-line courses through the web site:  WOW-Woman On Writing, about five or six years ago.  I've learned so much from both places and if I'm going to write books, I needed to learn how to do it properly.  This would be thanks to my dear beloved Mother, who always told me and my siblings, when we were young, "If you're going to take the time to do something, do it right!"  So, thank you, Mom, so very much for that great advice all those years ago. 

As far as my embroidery work goes, I'm still working on it.  But I've taken a little break from the small blankets for children and I am currently working on table runners for Christmas gifts or an any time gift.  I only have twenty of the blankets left, as I donated 26 to the Hershey Children's Hospital and 24 to the York Hospital Children's wing.  The lady from the York Hospital called me within an hour after my husband delivered the to her, and she said they were so beautiful and she couldn't wait for the kids to receive them.  She thanked me so much and I told her it was my pleasure to do something nice, something to help these children not to be so afraid while in the hospital.  Giving back makes me feel good about myself.  I just wish I could do more for those kids.  I was thinking of some other way I may be able to help them, but I need to think on that subject for a while longer.

I hope your week goes well.  If you are taking a vacation anytime soon, please be careful and always be safe, no matter where you are. 
Susan

No comments: