Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Sometimes, things just happen!

Hi everyone,

How's your week going thus far?  Mine is about the same as usual.  I hope you all had a good 4th of July.  As for us, we didn't do much of anything.  My husband ran 26 of the young children's security blankets to Hershey Children's Hospital for me during the morning of the 4th.  I so appreciate all that he does for me.  If it wouldn't be for him, I wouldn't have the craft store supplies that I need to make these blankets or any of the other projects that I create. 

I took a break from making the blankets to work on some Christmas gifts.  I'm making some table runners.  They're all done by hand and I just love doing them.  I can't even imagine how I would be if I didn't have creative abilities.  I'm sure I'd be in a deep depression by now.  I am so thankful, every day, for all the blessings God has bestowed upon me, all through my life.

How about you?  Do you give thanks for the many blessings you have in your life?  I think it's so very sad, because so many people don't thank God for everything they do have.  All they complain about is what they don't have.  I sometimes wander what the world is becoming, so many people are so self-centered.  They only think about themselves, they blame everything bad that happens to them on some one else, instead of putting the fault back onto themselves.  It saddens me so much that so many folks still haven't figured out that happiness only comes from within oneself.  It DOES NOT come from exterior things, including money. 

My life certainly isn't exciting, active or filled with money, but my life is filled with joy.  I have a wonderful husband, daughters, sons-in-law and grandsons.  I am so proud of each and every one of them.  Knowing they are my family, makes me smile.  I basically have everything that I need or want in this life.  No, I don't have a large, swanky house, fancy car, a lot of money and things, but I have everything that I need to live my life.  I am at peace and very contented just the way I am.

If you're not, then I would suggest that you turn to God.  Stop putting yourself first and start putting Him and other people first in your life.  You do need to take care of yourself, but every single person alive is capable of helping out another person in need. 

I hope your week finishes up with peace in your life.  Stay safe.
Susan

No comments: