Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Hello Tuesday!

Hi everyone,

I hope all of you took a few minutes yesterday to remember 9/11.  It was a horrific  day for the United States, sixteen years ago. 

Even though it was 16 years ago, I still remember where I was and what I was doing when I first heard about what had happened in New York City.  I was at my part time job, which was handling the finances for a small book binding company.  When I went upstairs to the factory, one of the co-owners of the business, had her radio on and we heard the news broadcast about the plane hitting one of the twin tower in New York City. 

Soon after that, I left for the day and went home.  The afternoon and evening was spent in front of the television  I felt so much sadness and fear.  What was happening?  Why is there so much hatred in our world?  Will it ever stop? 

Then I started thinking about the families of all those folks who were innocently killed.  First of all, those who boarded that airplane, did so expecting to reach their destinations, safely.  Also, the employees of the airlines were just doing their job.  The families of everyone on that plane, had no idea that they'd never see or speak with their loved ones ever again.   

The same holds true for those who were on the job, at the pentagon, when it was struck by a plane.  They simply went to work that morning, as usual.  Their families kissed them goodbye, expecting to see them that evening.

I commend the passengers on the other plane.  They knew they were going to die and they decided to take matters into their own hands, by fighting back against their attackers.  Yes, they died, but they saved lives by causing that plane to crash where it couldn't kill anyone else.

Of course, there has been so many other attacks against the US since then, as well as in other countries.  When will it end?  And what about all the innocent folks who have been killed by the extreme weather, which the world has been experiencing! 

Many times I have sat and wondered about why this is all occurring.  I truly believe that God is trying to send us a message.  Not just here in the United States, but throughout the world.  We need to hear God's message and change our actions toward others. 

I hope you all have a safe and good day, today!  Please take a few minutes to stop and give praise and honor to God for all He's blessed you with today and every day.
Susan 

No comments: