Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Is the snow gone yet?

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry I haven't written a new post for a while.  I've been fighting a sinus infection and a few other medical problems.  Hopefully things will go back to normal for me, soon! 

I am thankful that none of the snows we've had, as of yet, have been very sizeable, but I'm kind of tired of it for now.  I see that our temperatures are to be up in the low fifties by this Sunday.  That will be nice.  I haven't been anywhere for some time now.  I just can't stand going out in the cold weather.  How about you?  How have you been handling the weather where you live?

I am listening to the Solid Gold Oldies on Comcast TV right now.  Does anyone out there remember this song.  I haven't heard it for many years now.  It's "Here Comes Summer" by Jerry Keller, from 1959.  Now I realize that many of you, perhaps weren't even born in 1959, but of course, I was.  I love listening to the oldies.  As a matter of fact, whenever I'm in my craft room, working on my hand made greeting cards, I play oldies CD's.  Well, all except when I am making my Christmas cards.  Then I listen to Christmas CD's. 

These old songs just take me back to a time in my life when things were so different.  It was definitely a much simpler time and much less violent then.  You didn't hear about some shootings, robberies, attacks and drastic weather conditions back then.  Times have surely changed and I truly don't think they're all for the better, either.  Some changes have been good, but I worry about what kind of world our future generations will have to live.  Thankfully I'll be gone by then and I pray I'll be in a much better place, a place where God will forever be present! 

I'm still hand sewing animals onto pieces of fleece, making blankets for children who are in our local hospital and a two other places that are local.  I need to keep busy and I need to give back to God for all His many blessings in my lifetime.  My life has been in His hands for many, many years now and I trust Him to allow me to live, as long as He has something He wants me to do for Him.

Where ever you live, I hope you are safe in your homes.  May God bless you always. 
Susan

No comments: