Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Do you listen to the Oldies?

Hi everyone,

I'm sitting here on the sofa, obviously on my laptop, and listening to the Solid God Oldies TV station.  I love the music from my childhood years, which would be from about 1958, through about 1968.  Oh I still listened to music after that, but I had my first baby girl that year, so I was quite busy.

Then when my three daughters were in their teens, which would have been during the 1980's, I listened to both my oldies and their teen music.  I enjoyed some of the stars from the 80's.  How about you?  Have you always enjoyed listening to music?

Of course, as I've said before, I was what was considered a "Bandstand Brat".  Both my Sister and I watched Bandstand every day after school.  We both loved the music, the stars  of that time, and Dick Clark, as well as all the dances!  We learned how to do all of them. 

What is your choice in music these days?  Do you like The Big Band Music, from the thirties and forties?  I do enjoy some of that music genre, as well.  I suppose that is because both of my Parents loved that music and they loved dancing to it, as well.  I guess that would be where I got my love of both music and dance, from.  Thanks Mom and Day!

How is your week going, thus far?  Mine is about like normal, which is a good thing for me.  If you are still working, relax because today is Hump Day, meaning tomorrow you'll be on the down side of this work week.  It doesn't make much difference to me one way or the other.

I'm still working on my children's blankets, which my husband takes to our local hospital's children's wing, as well as, to two other agencies here in our hometown.

I'm also still working on my hand-made greeting cards for different holidays this year, except for Christmas, which I don't create until around October.  The rest are for birthdays, Valentines Day, Easter, Thanksgiving and such.  My new machine came today by UPS.  I am so anxious to use it.  It is a die cutting and embossing machine and it also does a few other things.  I have had one for some years now, but it is a manual one, and this new one is electric.  I'm sure it will take me a little while to get the hang of how it works, but I have no fear that I'll be using it very soon!  At least, I hope so!

I just love creating anything!  I have been so blessed by God with these creative abilities, and I am so thankful to Him every day.  I've also been thinking about starting another novel within the next few months.  I just haven't decided what I'd like to use as the story line this time.  Oh well, it will come to me, when I least expect it.  The ideas always do!

I hope the remainder of your week goes well.  Be safe always and may God bless and keep you safe.
Susan

No comments: