Sunday, May 17, 2020

Sunday's Mercy Minutes...

Divine Mercy Daily

Reflections from the Diary of Saint Maria Faustina Kowalska

Sunday, May 17

FREE Sign Up

Get Daily Reflections Sent to Your eMail

Meditate upon My Passion
A Painful Echo in His Sacred Heart

April 10,'38. Palm Sunday. I attended Holy Mass, but did not have the strength to go and get the palm. I felt so weak that I barely made it till the end of Mass. During Mass, Jesus gave me to know the pain of His soul, and I could clearly feel how the hymns of Hosanna reverberated as a painful echo in His Sacred Heart. My soul, too, was inundated by a sea of bitterness, and each Hosanna pierced my own heart to its depths. My whole soul was drawn close to Jesus. I heard Jesus' voice: My daughter, your compassion for Me refreshes Me. By meditating on My Passion, your soul acquires a distinct beauty (Diary, 1657).

My Prayer Response:
Lord Jesus, may my meditating on Your Passion refresh You and call down Your great mercy on a world that "so needs to understand and accept Divine Mercy" ( John Paul II, posthumous Divine Mercy Sunday message, April 3, 2005).

MAY 17, 2020

"Faith is a habit of the mind whereby eternal life is begun in us, making the intellect assent to what is non-apparent."
— St. Thomas Aquinas

No comments: