Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Wednesday's Mercy Minutes...

Divine Mercy Daily Reflections from the Diary of Saint Maria Faustina Kowalska Wednesday, November 18 Suffering for Souls Teaching on Feelings During Holy Mass, I saw Jesus stretched out on the Cross, and He said to me, My pupil, have great love for those who cause you suffering. Do good to those who hate you. I answered, "O my Master, You see very well that I feel no love for them, and that troubles me." Jesus answered, It is not always within your power to control your feelings. You will recognize that you have love if, after having experienced annoyance and contradiction, you do not lose your peace, but pray for those who have made you suffer and wish them well (Diary, 1628). My Prayer Response: Thank You, Jesus, for teaching me about my feelings when annoyed by people. Help me to love them and remain in peace. Whenever I think of them, remind me to pray for them. NOVEMBER 18, 2020 "O my God, fill my soul with holy joy, courage and strength to serve You. Enkindle Your love in me and then walk with me along the next stretch of road before me." — St. Benedicta of the Cross (Edith Stein)

No comments: