Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Wednesday's Mercy Minutes...

 

Divine Mercy Daily

Reflections from the Diary of Saint Maria Faustina Kowalska

Wednesday, February 16   Spiritual Directors and Confessors   Boundless Sincerity

And now I am going to tell you something that is most important for you: Boundless sincerity with your spiritual director. If you do not take advantage of this great grace according to My instructions, I will take him away from you, and then you will be left to yourself; and all the torments, which you know very well, will return to you. It displeases Me that you do not take advantage of the opportunity when you are able to see him and talk with him. Know that it is a great grace on My part when I give a spiritual director to a soul. Many souls ask Me for this, but it is not to all that I grant this grace. From the moment when I gave you this priest as spiritual director, I endowed him with new light so that he might easily know and understand your soul (Diary, 1561).

My Prayer Response:

Lord Jesus, thank You for the gift of my spiritual director or confessor. May I have "boundless sincerity" with him. Please bless him with Your presence, protection, and peace. I pray for good spiritual directors and confessors for all those in need of guidance in the spiritual life.

No comments: