Saturday, September 9, 2023

Saturdays' Mercy Minutes...

 

Divine Mercy Daily

Reflections from the Diary of Saint Maria Faustina Kowalska

Saturday, Sept. 9 Jesus the Teacher The Generosity of Jesus

Once, the Lord said to me, My daughter, take the graces that others spurn; take as many as you can carry. At that moment, my soul was inundated with the love of God. I feel that I am united with the Lord so closely that I cannot find words to express that union; in this state I suddenly feel that all the things God has, all the goods and treasures, are mine, although I set little store by them, for He alone is enough for me. In Him I see my everything; without Him — nothing (Diary, 454).

December 18, [1936]. Today I felt bad that a week had gone by and no one had come to visit me. When I complained to the Lord, He answered, Isn't it enough for you that I visit you every day? I apologized to the Lord and the hurt vanished. O God, my strength, You are sufficient for me (Diary, 827).


My Prayer Response: Lord Jesus, what a blessing to read of Your generosity to a soul like that of St. Faustina. I sure could use some of those graces that others spurn. Lavish me with Your graces, Lord.

No comments: