Sunday, September 3, 2023

Sunday's Mercy Minutes...

 

Divine Mercy Daily

Reflections from the Diary of Saint Maria Faustina Kowalska

September 3 Jesus the Teacher Strength for the Task at Hand

One time during the novitiate, ... I was very upset because I could not manage the pots, which were very large. The most difficult task for me was draining the potatoes, and sometimes I spilt half of them with the water ... . I complained to God about my weakness. Then I heard the following words in my soul, From today on you will do this easily; I shall strengthen you.

That evening, when the time came to drain off the water from the potatoes, I hurried to be the first to do it, trusting in the Lord's words. I took up the pot with ease and poured off the water perfectly. But when I took off the cover to let the potatoes steam off, I saw there in the pot, in the place of the potatoes, whole bunches of red roses, beautiful beyond description ... . [Then] I heard a voice within saying, I change such hard work of yours into bouquets of most beautiful flowers, and their perfume rises up to My throne (Diary, 65).

My Prayer Response: Lord Jesus, when the work before me is overwhelming thank You for teaching me through St. Faustina that You give me the strength needed for the task.

No comments: