Saturday, September 22, 2012

Author/writer

Hi, everyone.  I thought I'd give you a bit of background about myself.  I'm sixty-four years old, married to a very supportive husband of nineteen years, have three beautiful daughters, two wonderful sons-in-law and one more coming soon, six magnificent grandsons.  I was born with a heart defect, which caused me problems all through my childhood, which got worse as I got older.  Over six years ago, I was close to death, but God wasn't done with me yet.  I have chronic congestive heart failure and am pacer dependent.  I have had defibrillators for the last six and one half years, but I've had pacemakers for twenty years now.  Even with all this, I feel so blessed to still be alive.  I've learned to live each day of my life with gratitude and acceptance to God.  It's because of this faith, that I've become an author and a writer.

Well, enough of that.  I have been truly blessed with an over abundance of creative abilities.  I love being creative, in any shape or form.  I've tried many craft projects over the years.  Now, I basically am a writer and author.  I also sketch, paint and make hand created greeting cards.

I took two courses with the Children's Institute of Literature back in the 1990's and I completed several art courses over the years.  I am the author of  five books and am on my sixth.  My first book was a picture book for young children.  I wrote, illustrated and published it myself.  The second book I wrote was a hardbound fiction Children's novel (ages 7 - 12).  This book I published entirely myself, with the help of a very generous gentleman, who owned the Publishing Co. where I was working.  With the generous help of my daughters, we produced all the hard-bound covers.  I then finished the 100 copies and sold them. 

My third book was my memoirs, which I wrote and had soft cover bound.  I used a printer for this production.  This book was only presented to my daughters and my husband.  My fourth book is a collection of short stories, which I wrote over a period of fifteen  years.  It contained a selection of both fiction and non-fiction stories.  I choose to give these out as gifts to my family and friends. 

My last book, which was published in April of this year, is my first attempt at adult fiction in book form.  The illustrations were done by myself and my daughter, Angela.  It is called, "Sassy" With A Capital "S".  It is a 6x9, soft covered novel.  I am very proud of it.  It is available to purchase for Kindle through www.Amazon.com.  You can either purchase an electronic copy or from Kindle Select, which is like a lending process or library.  I hope you will check it out!

I have started a sequel to the "Sassy" book.  Hopefully it will be available for Kindle by the end of the year.  Writing takes time and it seems that's one thing I have a lot of these days! 

I'd love to hear from you, if you want to talk.
Susan
Writer and Author

No comments: