Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Writer and Author

Hi all,

     How's everyone doing today?  I hope you're all up and at it, doing whatever you need to do for today.  As for me, I'm in my second week of an on-line marketing course.  I'm hoping I will learn some good ways to help promote my abilities as a writer and author, as well as, my other creative hobbies.  I think I'm doing okay for now.  I do have some reading I need to do for the week.

     Now, I'd like to speak with you about living with disease.  I am very interested in starting a support group, geared to women 50 and older, who suffer from an incurable disease.  Especially in regards to living each day with that malady and interacting with a husband and/or family members. 

     This subject is always uppermost in my mind, as I do live with Chronic Congestive Heart Failure (CCHF) every day of my life.  I'm quite sure that there are women out there who have a life changing disease, who would love to have someone else to talk with about it.  Are you one of them?  If so, let me know.

     Now, on to a different subject.  From Sept. 8th to the 22nd, I was on vacation for two weeks in Ocean City, MD.  I took so many stunning pictures of the sky out over the ocean.  I just couldn't get over how magnificent it was.  My plan is to paint a picture of it, although I haven't done any painting for some time now.  I assume it's like riding a bike, though, it will come back to me.  I've done a bit of sketching in the past year, but that's not quite the same.  It was the colors of the sky that took my breath away.  You just can't see that in a sketch, even when using a scale of grays to black.

     I suppose I better soon get back to writing my script for the sequel book to my "Sassy" With A Capital "S".  My goal, as an author, is to have it completed by the end of the year, but I may have to change that date until the beginning of next year.  Before long, I will need to be starting my Christmas cards.  That will take some time, as I create many different kinds in a variety of styles.  I guess it would be easier to just make them all one style, but I get bored with that.  Beside, I have so many great ideas and types to work with, that I do a few of each. 

     I need to close for now.  I wish all of you a good day.  If you'd like to comment, please do.  Thanks for listening.
Susan

No comments: