Monday, September 24, 2012

Author/Writer

Hello everyone,
Mondays seems to have a way of coming around all too fast.  Of course, for me, it's a busy Monday, as my husband and I have been on vacation for the past two weeks.  This week will be a busy one because I started a taking a marketing class last week.  Since I was on vacation, I didn't get too much done last week.  So, it's make-up time this week, plus my new assignment. 

As an author and writer, I have made writing a very important part of my life.  If I had to choose between fiction and nonfiction, I'd have to say that I prefer writing nonfiction.  I feel I have lived through so much in my life, that's those stories are just clamoring to get put on paper.  When I was in the process of writing my memoirs, the thoughts and memories just kept coming to me so fast.  Of course, many of those thoughts brought the tears flowing.  Life is filled with so many good and bad remembrances, lessons we've lived through and learned from, hopefully. 

The same was true last year when I was writing my Ethical Will.  I wanted to bestow a copy of it to every member of my immediate family.  It was certainly a hard piece to write, but I did it because it was so very important to me.  All the ethics, morals, values and lessons I've learned, I wanted to pass on, both to my children, their husbands, but most importantly to my grandsons.  I knew, of course, that my grandsons  wouldn't really be impressed with this type of will, but my hope is that some day, years from now, they will pick it up and want to share it with their children. 

As time progresses, I look back at my relationship with my parents and grandparents.  I lost both of my grandparents at a very early age (I only ever had two:  one grandma and one grandpa).  Also, I lost my Mom when I was 48 and my Dad, at 51, which I think was fairly young for me.  I often sit and ponder on what phenomenal people they all were.  I can't tell you how very much I miss the four of them, especially my Mom and Dad.  I'm sure they would be proud of my abilities as an author and writere.

Well, I'd love hearing from you.  Thanks for listening.
Susan

No comments: