Saturday, September 22, 2012

Author/Writer

 

Hi to everyone.  My name is Susan and I am an author and writer, who was blessed with a large supply of creative abilities.  I have been using my creative whims all through out my lifetime, which has been a long time now.  I used to have my own crafting business and I attended craft shows and the such for a period of years.  There are very few things I haven't tried over my sixty four years. 

I started writing back in the 1990's, although I've always loved writing, I never took it seriously.  I suppose because I never had the time.  I had three children to raise and a full time job, as well as, participating in various organizations.

I was divorced in 1987, after 21 years, and it left me in a bit of confusion.  I always assumed that your "passion" was what you did for a living, otherwise why would you do it?  I signed up for a class called "Finding Your Passion".  It was quite a changing point in my life.  I realized that what I did for a living, was not my passion.  I worked in Accounting for all my life, but I really didn't like it, even though I was very good at my job. 

After taking this course, I realized that my passion is, and always has been, creating something.  Either by crafting, sewing, painting or drawing. Also, as an Author and Writer.  Those are the things that made me who I was and still am today.  I am very proud and thankful for all those abilities God instilled in me.

I became very ill in 2006 and my life changed in every aspect.  For a time, I was too weak to accomplish anything, but with God's help, I've continued with some of my creative abilities.  Mostly I write, sketch and make home made greeting cards.  I can't work for very long periods of time, as I tire out very easily, but I feel I need to keep marching forward.

Thanks for checking me out.

 As an author, I have two of my books on Amazon.com for Kindle.  One is an adult non-fiction called, "Sassy" With A Capital "S".  It is a story about the close relationships that women make and keep for many years.  It's a fun story about seven older ladies who go on a vacation to the beach together.  They find themselves trying to solve a mystery, but it doesn't spoil their fun.

No comments: