Friday, September 28, 2012

What's Important to You? Writing?

Hi all,

I was just sitting here wondering what accomplishments you'd like to complete before you die.  Being ill, I now have a better handle on what is and what isn't important to me. 

First of all, my husband, family and extended family are of utmost concern to me.  Then would come the relationships I have with my friends.  I strive very hard to be a good wife, mother, mother-in-law, grandmother and friend.  I try to be a good and generous woman and to honor God at all times.

Then, I'd have to say comes "giving back".  By this, I mean what I can do to thank God for all the blessings He's bestowed on me, including:  writing, drawing and painting.

I get so much satisfaction from writing, especially nonfiction.  I find I have so many memories filling up my head.  I can't tell you how much I've learned over the years.  As a young person you think that once you get through high school and college, you basically know everything.  How funny is that! 

Every day that I live I learn something new.  I believe that's a wonderful blessing.  Can you even begin to perceive how enormous that part of one's brain must be, to continue loading more and more information, year after year.  It's just amazing, isn't it?

Writing is just as an important part of my life as my illness.  I think I'd be lost if I couldn't do something creative anymore.

No comments: