Monday, February 17, 2014

It's a nice 70 degrees with a light breeze out of the West. Right!!!!

Hi all,

The only way I can describe my post title is that I day dreaming.  For any of you who do not live on the Eastern Coast of the United States, here in Pennsylvania it's very cold.  The temperatures over night fell to minus numbers.  And most of us are extremely sick of the snow.  Here, we have about 18 to 20 inches of it on the ground.  There's simply no place for my husband to pile anymore out back.  We live on the outskirts of the city and the piles of snow made from shoveling out our cars is ridiculous.  Now I understand we are to have some more tonight into tomorrow!  Heaven help us...

I have a friends who goes South during two or three of the winter months.  She's always posting pictures from there on FB.  It looks so nice:  warm, breezy, beautiful ocean waters breaking upon the sand.  OHhhhhhh my!  I can't wait until May when a group of my girlfriends and I are going to take a four day trip to Ocean City.  My husband and I also go down during the summer.  If I had my choice of moving anywhere I wanted, I would have a very large house on a hill, overlooking the Atlantic Ocean, near Ocean City, Md.  You can't imagine what it would mean to me to be able to sit out on my screened in terrace and see the ocean anytime I wanted.  Of course, it would have windows all the way around it, with heat in the winter months.  I'd have to be able to sit out there all year round. 

I can't explain what comes over me when I'm close to the ocean. A particular calmness overtakes my body.  As I sit there looking out at that majestic body of water, seeming to be without end, all I see and feel is God.  How could you feel any other way.  I ask myself:  What makes the water end right here?  Why doesn't it just keep going over all the land?  What makes the waves hitting the sand sound like that?  What makes that sound so soothing and relaxing? 

If you've never felt that way, perhaps the next time you have the opportunity to be at an ocean resort, you need to sit quietly, in an empty spot, close your eyes and simply listen to the sounds of the ocean.  Not just the ocean, but the sea gulls, too.  I promise you, you will feel a calmness overtake your body.  Then, open your eyes and ask yourself the same questions I ask.  There simply is no good answer out there for me, except that it's God's doing.

Well, now to change the subject a bit.  I have a New Release/Book Signing, this Saturday at Irvin's Books, White Street, in the West end of York, Pa.  I am getting very excited about it.  I don't have any great expectations, that way I won't be disappointed if only a few people stop by.  If you live in this area, please stop by to visit me.  If you'd like to purchase one of my novels, I'd be happy to sign it for you.  I will be there from 12:00 noon until 2:00 pm.  I hope to see some of you there.

I've not done any writing lately, well, except on here.  I have something in mind, but I'm not ready to tackle it as of yet.  I have been busy creating my hand-made greeting cards for the year.  (All except my Christmas cards.)  I'm still not finished, but I'm about half way there.  Then I need to create a few all occasion cards for anyone who gets sick, has something good happen, and a few sympathy cards.

I hope where ever you are, you are well and safe.  Please don't forget to make some time just for yourself.  We all need that every day!
Susan

(I just heard that we're to have 2-4 more inches of snow tonight!)
Here's some pictures.











No comments: