Tuesday, February 25, 2014

It went well!

Hi all,

Just wanted to let everyone know that my Book Signing/New Release went well.  I really didn't have any expectations, as I'm not well known in the writing field, but I was pleasantly surprised.  I was there, along with three other writers, for two hours.  The other three are apparently established authors, but I've never personally heard of any of them.  The two men basically write non-fiction, while the young woman writes erotica.  Obviously, I have little interest in that subject, at my age.  I have read some non-fiction, but not alot.  Basically I stick to fiction. 

I do read every day and as Stephen King says:  You can't be a writer, if you don't read!  I do agree with him completely.  Of course, he is my all time favorite writer and always will be.  I believe God has truly blessed him with a vast imagination.  I've read pretty much all his work and I've loved every book I've read of his.  I have a special edition of "From A Buick Eight", which is encased inside a satin lined beautiful box, with a hinged lid.  The only thing to make it any better would be if it was a signed copy.  But, I still love it.

I started working on another book.  It is about making an ethical will.  I feel this is something that everyone should do.  I wrote mine in 2011.  It consists of about eighteen pages and I addressed each member of my immediate family in it.  I am a person who firmly believes in passing customs, traditions, values, morals, faith, ethics and much more, onto the next generation.  I know that I am the person I am today because my Parents and Grandparents passed these same things down to me. 

I'll be sure to let everyone know when the book is complete, so if you have an interest in writing your own ethical will, you can read my book first.  The book should help you to figure out how you want to go about producing a will of your own.  In the beginning, it will only be available in electronic form.  You will be able to access it for any electronic device on Amazon. com.

Well, some of our snow has finally melted.  Last week we had a few days with the temperatures up in the high forties.  Those nice sunny days helped to melt some snow, but not too quickly because we were worried about flooding.  We also had some rain last week.  This week we're back to the cold and windy weather.  I'm not liking it very much, to say the least!  Oh well, there's nothing I can do about it, so I'll just take whatever we get, weather wise.

Tomorrow is hump day, for all you out there who work Monday through Friday.  I know that should cheer you all up.  Don't forget to find a wee bit of time just for yourself.  It's so important that you do.
Stay safe...

Here's a picture that was taken at the book signing on Saturday.
Susan



No comments: