Monday, February 3, 2014

What to do next?????

Hi all,

Well, another day, another snow storm here in York County.  I really have to tell you all that I'm getting tired of all these snow storms.  Which, I suppose, really doesn't matter, because we're to have another one on Wednesday and then possibly another on Saturday.  Today's snow storm was very heavy, that's because the snow flakes weren't those nice fluffy ones.  They were filled with water. 

I feel bad that I am not able to help my husband with the shoveling anymore.  I could use the broom to push the snow off our cars, but I've been sick since last Wednesday, so I wasn't even up to doing that.  Of course, he said he didn't want me out there trying to help him.  He thinks he's still young and can do all the work himself!  He's not!

Almost all the cities and counties near us had issued an snow emergency for today through tomorrow morning.  For those of you who don't know what that means, it  signifies that no one is allowed to park on the streets marked as "emergency streets".  We live on one of them in York.  It really doesn't apply to us because we have parking pads behind our home.  But, many of our neighbors don't, and they have at least two cars per home or apartment.  It makes it very hard because they have to go off our block to get a parking space and that, believe me, is not an easy feat.

I'm trying to decide what I want to do next, as far as writing, sketching, embroidery, or what?  I really haven't done much of anything since I got sick.  I'm not quite ready to start another book yet.  I do still have quite a few hand-made cards to create.  So, I suppose that will be my endeavor, once I'm feeling back to normal. 

I have been hand sewing some small bags, made out of felt, to hold gift cards or money.  I use these for Christmas gifts.  Many times I've bought them, but I really prefer to make them myself.  Last week I finished eight of them, which look like Santa's Workshop.  It took a while to hand sew all the pieces to them, but I really love doing this while sitting in front of the television or resting.  My next project of bags will be Santa's hats.  I made one today.  I think it turned out quite well, if I must say so myself.  I hate putting money or gift cards into an envelope and handing it to family members.  It seems so impersonal.  Don't you think so?    Usually I put small hangers on the bags so they can be hung on the Christmas tree, if they like.

I haven't been doing much cooking, since I got sick.  But, tonight I did make us dinner.  Of course, there's enough left for another meal or so.  I like cooking one pot meals when there's enough for two meals.  How about you?

What's on your schedule?  I hope you have something you can do that makes you happy, something just for yourself.  If you don't take care of yourself, you can't be there for your children and spouse.

Better days ahead!  At least, I hope so.  Be safe and take care.
Susan


Here's a picture of the Santa's Hat bag.




















No comments: