Friday, February 7, 2014

What scares you?

Hi all,

I'm going to share with you, that if you are not afraid of heart disease, you are being very foolish.  Did you know that it is now the number one killer of women in the United States?  I bet you didn't!

As women, as always seem to put ourselves last.  We put our children, our husbands, our jobs, laundry, cooking, and many other things before ourselves.  I am here to tell you that if you don't start putting yourself first, you won't be there to see your children graduate from high school or college.  You won't be here to see your daughter or son's wedding.  There will be no more birthday celebrations for you.  Does this make you sad? 

Well, it should!  Now is the time to educate yourself about heart disease in women.  The symptoms for men are not the same as for women.  I know that many of you reading this now, have had neck and back pain, or chest pain, or an irregular heart beat.  You simply say, "Oh, I'm just tired."  Or you make up some other excuse for why you have pain.  Please realize that those symptoms are just a few of the symptoms for a woman having a heart attack. 

Then there's the stroke, or Atrial Fibrillation, or Ventricle Fibrillation.  There's also PVC's of the heart and Ventricular Tachycardia.  Of course, there's also Congestive Heart Failure, just to mention a few.  Did you know that many women in their late thirties and early forties are now suffering from one or more of the above? 

Please believe me when I say that living with heart disease is not fun!  It often results in death.  You need to start taking care of yourself.  Regular exercise, a healthy diet, plenty of rest and sleep, regular doctor visits and most of all, taking heart disease seriously, just may save your life.  Believe me, no one likes taking twelve to fifteen pills a day, but what's the alternative?  Death????

I will tell you that I put my health first every single day of my life.  I want to live, even if it's a sedentary lifestyle.  By rights, I should have died back in 2006, but I truly believe that God had other plans for me.  So, I will put myself and my health first before anyone else. 

How about you?  Do you love yourself and your family enough to do whatever you need to do to live?  If your answer is "yes", then educate yourself right this minute.  Don't let another day go by without changing how you react to your own needs and health.  Don't take yourself away from your family for good.  They do need you, but they need you healthy.

Best of luck to each one of you.  Remember to educate your husbands, fathers, sons, etc. on heart disease in women.  They love you and want you to live.
Susan


















No comments: