Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Oh no, here it comes...

Hi everyone,

Well, the good thing about today is that it's "Hump Day", so for all you working people out there, after today is over, you're on the down side of the week.  That is one good thing, now isn't it?  Of course, for all of us here in South Central Pennsylvania, it has been snowing since around noon time.  The good news is that they say it should be over in another two or three hours.  I'll be glad when it stops altogether.  How about you?  I know alot of people enjoy snow, but I'm not one of them.

I remember when I was a youngster, we always seemed to get snowed in from the snow.  We lived in the country on a farm, which was situated in a bit of a valley.  Of course, it seems that the snows we got back then, were so much worse then we've gotten for years.  As a child, I loved it when it snowed, because then my Mom couldn't get to work and my sister, Carol, and I couldn't get to school.  (My brother is six years younger than me, so he was too little to attend school.)

 I remember one time when my Aunt Sis was snowed in at our house.  We got the large sleds out of the garage and the four of us walked up the hill to a neighboring farm.   They had a very long drive way leading down to their home.  They had told my folks that we should use the drive as a great sledding hill.  And, so we did!  Well, this one particular time, I rode the sled with my Aunt and Carol rode with Mom.  When we got to the bottom, we were all laughing so hard, that Mom started to pee her pants.  So, with that, we headed back home as soon as possible.  What fun we had that day.  Of course, it wasn't the only wonderful time I had when I was a child. 

I can tell you that my childhood was wonderful.  Well, obviously, I didn't always think so.  Just as any child, I had my knocks and bumps growing up, but looking back to those days, I can honestly say, "I had two loving parents who always put us three children first."  I will always love them and I can't tell you how very much I miss both my Mom and Dad.  They both passed away many years ago now. 

How about you?  How was your childhood?  Did you learn any lessons from how you and your folks lived?  I firmly believe that what you learn, as a child, helps to mold you into the adult you will become some day.  I have six Grandsons, who range in age from 17 to 23.  They are all young adults and I am so very proud of each of them.  But, I can honestly say, that they're still basically kids.  They have done alot of growing and accepting responsibility, but four of them still have a long way to go yet.  I am not worried about them, as I have no doubt that they will continue growing into fine, upstanding and independent men.  I am more proud of them now, then I ever have been.  I suppose you can tell just how much I love these six young men, can't you?

I've been working on my 2015 handmade greeting cards for the past two weeks.  I just love creating anything, but I especially love making cards for my family and friends.  I've found a few new designs, which I've tried already.  I suppose it's really not a good idea to spend forty to fifty minutes on one card, but I so enjoy creating cards, to bring joy to others. 

I'd like to start on another book of poems, but I haven't gotten started on that as of yet.  Hopefully in a couple of months I can start on one.  But, it will take me another month or two to finish all my greeting cards.  I haven't purchased a greeting card for years now. 

What have you all been up to since the holidays have passed?  I do hope you are planning something creative in your near future.  It's so important to let out that "creative" side in us.  God gave each of us some creativity, so please don't waste yours.

I hope your day has gone well and have a good evening.  Stay safe and God bless you.
Susan




















No comments: