Friday, January 30, 2015

Do you know what tomorrow is?

Hi all,

How's everyone doing today?  Well, the answer to my title question is:  Tomorrow is the last day of January.  Can you believe it?  This month has flown by and that means that 2015 is flying by, also. 

The older I get, the faster time seems to go.  Does anyone else feel this way?  Since I live a very sedentary lifestyle, I thought that my days, weeks, months and years would just drag on by, but they haven't.  Can anyone out there explain this to me, because it's a total mystery to me. 

I know time flies on by when you are raising your children, but thought that would stop when your kids are all grown up and have been for years.  Obviously, I was wrong.  When you are young, perhaps in your thirties or forties, one's life span seems like it will go on for almost ever.  But, when you are in your sixties and seventies, one starts to realize just how short your lifetime may be.  I will agree that it's a bit disconcerting, but facts are facts.  We all age and although many older people get botox or a variety of "lifts", I personally don't believe in any of that stuff.  God gave me this body and this is the body, just as it is, that I will die with.  There will be no face lifts, breast implants, liposuctiion, hair dying, etc. of any kind for me.  My feelings are that if God wanted us to look 30, when we're 60, He would have made us that way! 

Okay, enough on that subject.  That's just my opinion and how I feel about that aging process. 

Well, we had another snow storm go through yesterday, but once again, we lucked out with only about 1 inch.  I understand that there's another one coming Saturday into Sunday.  Horrah!  NOT!
I am thankful that we haven't had any measurable snow falls lately, becasue my husband is recovering from some surgery and he's not to life anything too heavy. 

I'm still working on my hand created greeting cards.  I've found three new designs and am currently working on all three.  I love trying new designs, but I also enjoy using all of my designs.  I do try to design my cards to fit the person to whom I am sending them.  I have been creating my own greting cards for many years now and I love being able to create them for my family and friends.  I thank God for giving me this creative ability.  It has always meant so much to me.  Just being able to create anything with my hands, heart and mind, is a great gift from God.

I'd like to, eventually, start another book of poems, but I haven't had the time to work this project into my schedule as of yet.  Maybe after I finish all of my cards, except for my Christmas cards, that is.  Those I will complete in November. 

I have been doing quite a bit of hand embroidery, which is very relaxing to me.  Well, I best close for today.  Please let me know what you've been up to lately.  Be safe and God bless you.
Susan

No comments: